Throughout the month of April I will be sharing some healthy, quick and easy recipe’s for the whole family. Healthy, quick and easy recipe’s are perfect for the busy working mum and it is great to have a few go-to recipes for when you need to master dinner time after the day from hell.
This recipe comes to you from Chelsea at The Nutritional Mama.
Chelsea says “This Pumpkin Pesto Pasta is one of my old favourites, it’s a dish that I used to cook with my old housemates that I lived with before I moved in with the husband (then boyfriend). Back then we were all working part-time, some of us were studying and we were all on a tight budget. Creating delicious and healthy budget-friendly meals were something we were always experimenting with and that’s how the recipe for this pasta was born”.
Pumpkin Pesto Pasta
- 1/4 cup macadamias (cashews also work well)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup firmly packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 500g butternut pumpkin, cut into 1cm cubes
- 100g semi-dried tomatoes
- 400g pasta of your choice
- 100g feta
- Place the macadamias in a food processor or blender and pulse until roughly chopped. Remove and place aside.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. Add nuts and process until just combined. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Place pasta in a pot of boiling salted water and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add pumpkin and sauté for 5 mins, stirring regularly. Cover and continue to cook for another 5 mins or until pumpkin has softened.
- Add tomatoes and pasta to pan and pour over pesto and toss until pasta is evenly coated.
- Crumble over feta and serve.